- Significant experience in planning and, ideally, have held a senior, strategic role in the last five years.
- Fellow, Chartered, Legal Member or Retired RTPI Member in the UK or Ireland (currently and until January 2024).
- Attend the two-hour training session for mentors in May 2023.
- Offer six one-hour sessions to your NURTURE mentee between June 2023 and January 2024.
Your role as a mentor will be to provide a safe environment for your mentee to determine their professional priorities and support the development of solutions to progress their career in planning. The process will include adapting your personal style to empathise with your mentee, providing guidance without becoming personally involved and encouraging self-awareness and self-confidence through your experience and support. Being a mentor can help you see the world from a different point of view and provide access to a wider network of professionals.
- Chartered RTPI Member in the UK or Ireland, not eligible to be a Fellow (currently and until January 2024).
- Attend the two-hour training session for mentees in May 2023.
- Commit to six one-hour sessions to your NURTURE mentor between June 2023 and January 2024.
- Looking to take the next step in your career, move between sectors or seeking leadership / management development.
As a mentee, you may have around 4 to 8 years post Chartered experience. Maybe you manage a small team, have project management experience, or be looking to gain project management development. It may be that you are looking to progress your career with renewed focus following a break, for example, due to parental leave or caring responsibilities.
It is your role as a mentee to drive the mentoring relationship by identifying the objective and the level and nature of the advice and support that you are seeking from your mentor. Be prepared to be challenged, listen and be listened to and be open to new ideas. The relationship is intended to empower you. The process is about developing greater self-awareness and taking responsibility for the direction of your career.