- Significant experience in planning and, ideally, have held a senior, strategic role in the last five years.
- Fellow, Chartered, Legal Member or Retired RTPI Member in the UK or Ireland (currently and until February 2022).
- Attend the two-hour training session for mentors in April/May 2021.
- Offer six one-hour sessions to your NURTURE mentee between June 2021 and February 2022.
Your role as a mentor will be to provide a safe environment for your mentee to determine their professional priorities and support the development of solutions to progress their career in planning. The process will include adapting your personal style to empathise with your mentee, providing guidance without becoming personally involved and encouraging self-awareness and self-confidence through your experience and support. Being a mentor can help you see the world from a different point of view and provide access to a wider network of professionals.
- Chartered RTPI Member in the UK or Ireland, not eligible to be a Fellow (currently and until February 2022).
- Attend the two-hour training session for mentees in April/May 2021.
- Commit to six one-hour sessions to your NURTURE mentee between June 2021 and February 2022.
As a mentee, it is your role to drive the mentoring relationship by identifying the objective and the level and nature of the advice and support that you are seeking from your mentor. Be prepared to be challenged, listen and be listened to and be open to new ideas. The relationship is intended to empower you. The process is about developing greater self-awareness and taking responsibility for the direction of your career.