Skip to main content
Close Menu Open Menu

The RTPI works in partnership with universities to develop and accredit professional planning qualifications to put graduates on track to become a Chartered Town Planner.  A number of universities also offer RTPI bursaries and the degree apprenticeship programme (England only).

We are commencing an Education Policy Review and have approved an interim position for existing and prospective university partners to note.


Will my existing qualifications or experience be accepted onto a course?

If you have any questions about entry requirements to universities and whether or not your qualifications will be accepted, please contact the university direct. They each have their own criteria for courses and rules about equivalent experience.  To find out more see:

  • The Register of Regulated Qualifications in the UK.
  • UCAS - the UK undergraduate admissions service for UK, EU, and international students.
  • UK ENIC – the UK National Information Centre for the recognition and evaluation of international qualifications and skills.
  • ENIC-NARIC - National Academic Recognition Information Centres in the European Union.