About the Independent Consultants’ Network
The Independent Consultants' Network (ICN) is for chartered town planners who are sole practitioners or who run their own small practices (with other planners or related professionals).
Its purpose is to provide targeted information and resources, and provide a forum for independent consultants to discuss issues and share practice.
The Network's objectives are to:
1. Reflect the interests and concerns of independent consultants by providing a forum for them to discuss relevant issues
2. Support and raise the profile of independent consultants
3. Signpost independent consultants to training, events and other resources to help develop their knowledge and skills
4. Offer friendly contact and informal support to lone workers
Email Discussion Forum
The ICN has a Steering Group which meets at least twice a year, current members are: Deirdre Wells (Chair), John Lynch, Derek McKenzie, Christopher Kendall and Helen Prangley. If you wish to get involved or contact the Steering Group, please contact the network manager.
The last meeting of the Steering Group was held on 17 April 2020. Click here to access the minutes of this meeting.
See the 2019 Annual Report here
Meetings and Networking
The RTPI is also willing to assist in the organisation of member initiatives for ICN meetings or networking opportunities. We also organise an annual PINS meeting in Bristol. Please contact the network manager if you have any such suggestions.
Additional wider-RTPI resources:
- Starting your own Private Practice
- Promoting yourself: online directory of consultants
- Guide to using the RTPI logo for promotional use
A number of members in our network are involved in neighbourhood planning, we therefore recommend the following resources: