Planning enforcement officers provide a critical function at the sharp end of the planning system. The primary purpose of the network is to promote the role of enforcement within planning.
The Network's objectives are to:
- Campaign to include enforcement considerations in shaping planning policy and practice
- Collating views from members to help RTPI respond to consultations from government
- Promote the professional recognition of enforcement
- Encourage networking through local groups in all regions to lessen feelings of isolation
- Disseminate good practice and share knowledge and expertise
- Identify existing training provision and lobby for better and appropriate resource
- The NAPE Terms of Reference can be found here
The NAPE network is an essential resource for anyone working in planning enforcement. It can be joined from any of the RTPI membership classes.
The RTPI Planning Enforcement Conference
15 November 2021
BOOKINGS OPENING SOON!
This year's RTPI Planning Enforcement Conference will be held online on Monday 15 November. The Conference will comprise a full day of webinars on a wide range of topics, including POCA, planning enforcement appeals and practical guidance on preparing for and appearing at an inquiry. Organised by the RTPI's National Association of Planning Enforcement (NAPE) Network in association with RTPI Cymru, RTPI Scotland and RTPI Northern Ireland, this year's Conference will provide useful CPD to RTPI members from right across the UK.
We are in the process of finalising the programme and will be opening bookings shortly.
Keep an eye on this webpage for further updates.