Planning enforcement officers provide a critical function at the sharp end of the planning system. The primary purpose of the network is to promote the role of enforcement within planning.
The Network's objectives are to:
- Campaign to include enforcement considerations in shaping planning policy and practice
- Collating views from members to help RTPI respond to consultations from government
- Promote the professional recognition of enforcement
- Encourage networking through local groups in all regions to lessen feelings of isolation
- Disseminate good practice and share knowledge and expertise
- Identify existing training provision and lobby for better and appropriate resource
- The NAPE Terms of Reference can be found here
The NAPE network is an essential resource for anyone working in planning enforcement. It can be joined from any of the RTPI membership classes.
The RTPI Planning Enforcement Week: 19 - 23 October 2020
The annual NAPE Conference is one of the highlights of the NAPE calendar that provides members with knowledge sharing and networking opportunities.
Current circumstances required us to rethink our delivery of the 2020 NAPE Conference. Instead, NAPE was pleased to organise the RTPI Planning Enforcement Week, which took place during the week commencing 19 October 2020 in association with RTPI Cymru, RTPI Scotland and RTPI Northern Ireland.