Core CPD Framework:
- Placemaking & Design
- Climate Change & Environmental Planning
- 7 CPD hours
Develop your design thinking: your understanding and appreciation of how good design is integrated into a planned environment.
This Masterclass is suitable for those with a passion for increasing the design quality for our built environments: planning officers, councillors, MPs, urban designers, master planners, architects, town planners, housebuilders, consultants, land promoters and agents, engineers, transport planners, and anyone with an interest or connection to delivering new development.
- By the end of this Masterclass, you will have an overview of the recent planning design guidance, policy and application
- You will learn the practical skills of appraising design via the guided analysis of your local area (you choose your spot)
- Practice how to write design guidance and design codes
- Review good practices and case studies, become inspired to apply your new thinking to your next project at work
Trainer: Luke Hillson, click the link to find out more about the trainer and the Masterclass.
CPD Masterclass structure:
You will start with the Self-guided Learning that consists of Trainer’s video presentations and exercises on the RTPI Learn platform. This flexible learning prepares you for the Live Interactive Webinar with your Expert Trainer to address your questions and for the discussions with your peers. The Self-guided Learning section will take at least 4 hours to complete. The Joining Instructions are sent on the day that the Self-guided Learning opens, or after your booking has been processed, if booked after the Self-guided Learning start date.
- Self-guided Learning opens for you from 15 August 2024
- Live Interactive Webinar: 18 September 2024 (14:00 to 16:30)
Masterclass booking guidance
- RTPI Members have to log into their RTPI account to make the booking
- Booking for non-members can be done as a group booking by their administrators
- If your organisation is not registered on the RTPI system, it will need to be done by contacting the finance team: [email protected]
- Invoice bookings are available, if the organisation is the fee payer
- Please check our Booking FAQs for more information
- All our online Masterclasses are recorded by default
- If you need further assistance with your booking, email [email protected] or contact us on 020 7929 8400