Core CPD Framework:
- Development & Infrastructure Planning
- Business Planning & Management
- 7 CPD hours
Develop you understanding of the economic context of planning decisions and how developers determine the viability of projects, so you will be able to make informed planning assessments.
- By the end of this Masterclass you will be able to better understand what assumptions are being made during a viability appraisal, what inputs and outputs are necessary
- How development projects are funded and the cost impact of development finance
- How Gross Development Value is determined, how to test assumptions and ensure internal consistency within an appraisal
- You will gain insight to the development cost profiles and how cost risks are managed
- You will develop your confidence for conversations with colleagues, clients, and applicants when the issue of development viability arises
Trainer: Keith Thomas, click the link to find out more about the trainer and the Masterclass.
Read the trainer's bog here: Development Viability during Market Uncertainty
CPD Masterclass structure:
You will start with the Self-guided Learning that consists of Trainer’s video presentations and exercises on the RTPI Learn platform. This flexible learning prepares you for the Live Interactive Webinar with your Expert Trainer to address your questions and for the discussions with your peers. The Self-guided Learning section will take at least 4 hours to complete. The Joining Instructions are sent on the day that the Self-guided Learning opens, or after your booking has been processed, if booked after the Self-guided Learning start date.
- Self-guided Learning opens for you from 15 August 2024
- Live Interactive Webinar: 25 September 2024 (14:00 to 16:30)
Masterclass booking guidance
- RTPI Members have to log into their RTPI account to make the booking
- Booking for non-members can be done as a group booking by their administrators
- If your organisation is not registered on the RTPI system, it will need to be done by contacting the finance team: [email protected]
- Invoice bookings are available, if the organisation is the fee payer
- Please check our Booking FAQs for more information
- All our online Masterclasses are recorded by default
- If you need further assistance with your booking, email [email protected] or contact us on 020 7929 8400