Core CPD Framework:
- Climate Change & Environmental Planning
- Planning Law & Process
- 7 CPD hours
Planning has a crucial role to play in helping to deliver improved environmental outcomes from development and minimising harm. Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is a crucial tool in the consenting process ensuring proposals with likely significant effects on the environment undergo a greater depth of consideration than the average application.
The EIA process, however, has its own regulations and procedures that local authority planners, developers and their consultants, and statutory consultees must apply correctly to protect the environment and deliver compliant consents.
This Masterclass will enhance your understanding of the EIA process and the legislative steps, while responding to your questions around good practice.
- By the end of this Masterclass, you improved your understanding of the EIA process and how to effectively shape the developer’s assessment
- Developed your confidence in screening (when EIA maybe required)
- You will appreciate the important steps that must be delivered in managing and determining EIA applications that arise from the legal definition of EIA
Trainer: Josh Fothergill, click the link to find out more about the trainer and the Masterclass.
Read the trainer's blog here: Driving opportunities and improving environmental outcomes
CPD Masterclass structure:
You will start with the Self-guided Learning that consists of Trainer’s video presentations and exercises on the RTPI Learn platform. This flexible learning prepares you for the Live Interactive Webinar with your Expert Trainer to address your questions and for the discussions with your peers. The Self-guided Learning section will take at least 4 hours to complete. The Joining Instructions are sent on the day that the Self-guided Learning opens, or after your booking has been processed, if booked after the Self-guided Learning start date.
- Self-guided Learning opens for you from 12 September 2024
- Live Interactive Webinar: 23 October 2024 (14:00 to 16:30)
Masterclass booking guidance
- RTPI Members have to log into their RTPI account to make the booking
- Booking for non-members can be done as a group booking by their administrators
- If your organisation is not registered on the RTPI system, it will need to be done by contacting the finance team: [email protected]
- Invoice bookings are available, if the organisation is the fee payer
- Please check our Booking FAQs for more information
- All our online Masterclasses are recorded by default
- If you need further assistance with your booking, email [email protected] or contact us on 020 7929 8400