Corporate committee members play a vital role in leading various pillars of the RTPI’s work to help deliver the vision and mission set out in our 2020-2030 Corporate Strategy.
We depend on our members to volunteer to join our committees to help us with the work we do. Your input helps enable us deliver our remit whether that be from a domestic or international policy perspective, through to planning our financial strategy, ensuring world class auditing, or influencing or work around education and CPD.
Why should I join
You'll get the chance to be part of an enthusiastic team of professionals who make a real difference to the planning profession and communities in which we live and work.
- Develop your existing skills and learn new ones.
- Expand your Continuing Professional Development
- Gain an understanding of the role of governance in a membership organisation
- Help shape the future development of the RTPI for its members
What support can you expect?
- Support from RTPI staff and existing committee members
- Training, briefings and guidance documents on relevant topics
- Expenses covered in line with our policy
How to join a committee
Members will be asked to express an interest in serving on a RTPI Standing Committee for 2024 between Wednesday 11 October and Monday 13 November 2023.
Our standing committees open to application: Membership & Ethics Committee, England Policy Committee, Nations & Regions Panel, Education & Lifelong Learning Committe, International Committee.
Membership of the Policy, Practice & Research Committee is by nomination from the Board of Trustees.