Core CPD Framework:
- Climate Change & Environmental Planning
- Planning Law & Process
- 7 CPD Hours
This Masterclass provides learners with an overview of the Sustainability Appraisal (SA) process and a high-level outline of how to undertake the key tasks involved at each stage; from scoping through to options appraisal and preparing the final Environmental Report. There is no pre-requisite knowledge or skills required before taking the course.
This Masterclass is aimed at Planners who engage in the SA process themselves, work with SA consultants, or carry out other plan-making tasks in parallel with SA.
- Develop knowledge of relevant SA/SEA legislation
- Learn a summary of the SA/SEA process, and the relationship to planning processes (differences between SA and SEA, stages in the SA/SEA process)
- Gain insight into how SA/SEA has been undertaken alongside development plan-making in practice
- Understand influence of case law on SA
Trainer: Kate Nicholls, click the link to find out more about the trainer and the Masterclass.
CPD Masterclass structure:
You will start with the Self-guided Learning that consists of Trainer’s video presentations and exercises on the RTPI Learn platform. This flexible learning prepares you for the Live Interactive Webinar with your Expert Trainer to address your questions and for the discussions with your peers. The Self-guided Learning section will take at least 4 hours to complete. The Joining Instructions are sent on the day that the Self-guided Learning opens, or after your booking has been processed, if booked after the Self-guided Learning start date.
- Self-guided Learning opens for you from 9 May 2024
- Live Interactive Webinar: 19 June 2024 (14:00 to 16:30)
Masterclass booking guidance
- RTPI Members have to log into their RTPI account to make the booking
- Booking for non-members can be done as a group booking by their administrators
- If your organisation is not registered on the RTPI system, it will need to be done by contacting the finance team: [email protected]
- Invoice bookings are available, if the organisation is the fee payer
- Please check our Booking FAQs for more information
- All our online Masterclasses are recorded by default
- If you need further assistance with your booking, email [email protected] or contact us on 020 7929 8400