- Placemaking & Design
- Health & Wellbeing
- Diversity, Inclusion & Professional Ethics
- 7 CPD Hours
This Masterclass has been specifically created for professional town and country planners who would like to develop their practical urban design skills. The Masterclass will define and evidence the meaning of context, character and overall design potential. Whilst some basic knowledge of the theory of urban design is useful, this Masterclass is suitable for planners from foundation to advanced levels of experience.
- Explore the practical application of a series of common and internationally recognised urban design analysis skills and techniques
- Establish how urban design analysis can be used to develop design objectives and strategies
- Coloured pens and/or pencils
- A3 tracing paper (x1 pack)
- A3 base maps of your chosen site at a variety of scales (can also be done with Google Maps printouts, but OS or similar is best if you have that available)
Read the CPD Trainers blog here.
CPD Masterclass structure:
You will start with the Self-guided Learning that consists of Trainer’s video presentations and exercises on the RTPI Learn platform. This flexible learning prepares you for the Live Interactive Webinar with your Expert Trainer to address your questions and for the discussions with your peers. The Self-guided Learning section will take at least 4 hours to complete. The Joining Instructions are sent on the day that the Self-guided Learning opens, or after your booking has been processed, if booked after the Self-guided Learning start date.
- Self-guided Learning opens for you from 2 May 2024
- Live Interactive Webinar: 12 June 2024 (14:00 to 16:30)
Masterclass booking guidance
- RTPI Members have to log into their RTPI account to make the booking
- Booking for non-members can be done as a group booking by their administrators
- If your organisation is not registered on the RTPI system, it will need to be done by contacting the finance team: [email protected]
- Invoice bookings are available, if the organisation is the fee payer
- Please check our Booking FAQs for more information
- All our online Masterclasses are recorded by default
- If you need further assistance with your booking, email [email protected] or contact us on 020 7929 8400