RTPI West Midlands Young Planners is part of the Young Planners network and provides a forum within which aspiring young planners in the area can develop their interest in planning.
What do young planners do?
We feel that we have a very important role to play in promoting planning to people during all stages of their careers. There are lots of different things we do including:
- Making presentations to universities on the role of planning
- Social events including drinks nights, BBQs, pub quizzes in a range of locations across the West Midlands
- Seminars on topics of interest in planning
Why should you get involved?
- Foster professional relationships
- Network with other professions
- Develop soft skills in project management & leadership
- Contributes to career progression
- Promote Planning
- Inspire the next generation
- Share experiences
- Support L-APC Candidates
- Have fun and socialise with like-minded people
Interested in joining the Young Planners' network?
You don't have to be a member of the RTPI to join us. It is free to register and open to any student, licentiate or corporate member of the RTPI (or non-member planner) with up to 10 years' post-qualification experience.
Make sure you receive the latest news and event information by signing up to the Young Planners' Network.
Get in touch
The RTPI West Mids Young Planners Chair is Daniel G. Wilson. We'd love to hear from you if you would like to get in touch with us. You can email us via email@example.com
Or you can reach us through our various social media channels, which we regularly update with details of up-coming events: