This page is your one stop spot for local RTPI News including Presidents Visits, Awards and Branchout. Branchout is your local newsletter keeping you up-to-date with RTPI South West news and planning issues and is published three times a year.
Your editor is Ian Perry, South West Junior Vice Chair. Please get in touch with any suggested articles.
Spring 2021 edition includes articles on:
- Editor’s Blog
- Living with Dementia by Wendy Mitchell
- Dementia Friendly Planning & Design
- Talking Ageing & Dementia
- Development affecting Railway Level Crossings
- Devon, Cornwall & Somerset YP
- RTPI South East Young PLanner of the Year
- Meet the SW Planning Aid England task group
- Planning Aid England
- RMB/RAC Updates
- Getting to know you - Stephen Essex
- Branchout review, 40, 30, 20 & 10 years ago.’
- Class Q appeal decision letters from 2020
- Self-build and custom housebuilding
- Biodiversity net gain (BNG)
- Developers perspective on BNG
- Q&A on Biodiversity Net Gain
- Nash Partnership African Projects Summary
- Forthcoming events including walks and cycle rides
2020 Presidents Visits
9 June - RTPI President Sue Manns explored the Southmead Regeneration Project as part of her series of virtual Presidential visits to the RTPI's regions. The Southmead project was selected as Highly Commeded at the RTPI South West Awards 2019 for its exemplary approaches to community engagement. Sue Manns met with key members of the project team to discuss how this project has come to be such a success and the lessons learnt.
26 July - RTPI President Sue Manns meets with South West Young Planners for a discussion on student housing, public houses, homeworking and access to open space in light of Covid-19
22 October - RTPI President Sue Manns met with Planners to discuss the 'Challenges and Opportunities of Planning on the Channel Islands and Isle of Scilly with particular focus on Climate Change'
Presentation 1: Climate Change in Jersey, their Shoreline Management Plan and how that is feeding into their Island Plan Review.
Presentation 2: Climate Change in Guernsey and the challenges of flooding. Case study a proposed development at Leale’s Yard
Presentation 3: The Challenges of fitting Scilly into National Planning Policy. Case study ‘Smart Islands’
Watch the YouTube Video
Other News and Articles
Article: Strategic planning in the West of England takes a further turn
Geoff Walker, Member of the Regional Activities Committee, RTPI South West