RTPI North West committee members are all volunteers with expertise in many aspects of planning and represent both the private and public sector. Activities are provided by members for members and include CPD events, social events, policy consultation roundtables, APC briefings and debates. There are lots of great opportunities to get involved with these activities even if you are not a committee member.
All activities are coordinated through our Regional Management Board (RMB) and Regional Activities Committee (RAC). Together we support members and champion planning in the North West region. Members are welcome from all areas of planning and we are always ready to welcome new recruits.
The Regional Management Board oversees what we do through the preparation of the region’s business plan and budget. The Regional Activities Committee delivers a range of activities supported by various task groups.
Members of our committees and task groups:
- Shape the development of our CPD events programme for the region
- Input into consultations and policy updates
- Inspire future planners and support Young Planners in the North West
- Contribute to research
- Organise inter-professional networking opportunities
- Raise the profile of planning
- Judge the RTPI North West Awards for Planning Excellence
- Support the activities and promotion of Planning Aid England
- Celebrate at the annual regional dinner in Manchester
Our RMB and RAC members come from the public, private, academic and third sectors and play a vital role in supporting our members – volunteering their time, enthusiasm and expertise in planning. Find out who is on the 2024 RMB and RAC on the blocks below.
Inspired? Consider volunteering
- Members are welcome from all areas of planning and we are always ready to welcome new members
- We can co-opt members onto the committee or sub groups at any time, please contact us to enquire about vacancies.