The Board of Trustees has four strategic committees, Audit Committee, Finance Committee, Nomination Subcommittee and Appointments & Remuneration Committee and other standing committees and panels including executive committees for Scotland, Wales and Ireland.
The composition and terms of reference of each committee and panel shall be entirely at the discretion of the Board of Trustees. The Board of Trustees may delegate to any standing or other committee or panel such of its functions, duties and responsibilities and the implementation of any of its resolutions as the Board of Trustees may from time to time think fit.
Committee members play a vital role in leading various pillars of the RTPI’s work to help deliver the vision and mission set out in our 2020-2030 Corporate Strategy:
- Influencing governments across the UK and Ireland on planning’s response to COVID-19, housing and infrastructure needs, and climate change through our policy and research work.
- Raising awareness of the essential role planners play in creating a resilient, sustainable and inclusive world that delivers on net-zero targets through our campaigns such as Plan The World We Need.
- Guiding members and employers to achieve a more diverse and inclusive profession through our 10-year action plan – CHANGE.
- Encouraging all in the planning profession to aspire to be Chartered Members of the RTPI as well as encouraging others to join us.
- Supporting our members in their professional development through first class training and networking opportunities.
- Developing and strengthening the RTPI’s international links and reputation - positioning the Institute as global thought leaders.