RTPI Cymru engages with the Welsh Government and Senedd Cymru / Welsh Parliament who legislate for the separate planning system in Wales. Our work focuses on:
- shaping and informing policy and practice
- providing opportunities for Members to access CPD
- sharing good practice
- promoting planning
The work of RTPI Cymru is managed through the RTPI Cymru Executive Committee and implemented by the Director and staff team based at the Cardiff office.
The Committee's remit includes:
- developing the Institute's position on planning policy in Wales (through a Policy and Research Forum)
- supporting members in their professional activities
- working with the regional Chapters and Young Planners Cymru
- promoting planning as a career
- delivering a programme of events and coordinating the Institute's programme of national events in Wales
The Executive Committee is represented on the RTPI's General Assembly, committees and panels.
Roles and Term of Office
The term for roles is normally one or two years. See the role descriptions here.
Timeline for Nominations and Elections
Elections for roles are held annually. Positions with a two year term are elected every other year.
- Nominations open: Monday 4 September
- Nominations close: Thursday 29 September
- Election voting opens: Wednesday 4 October
- Election voting closes: Friday 27 October
- Results announced: Week commencing Monday 6 November