The General Assembly acts a forum for debate about the development of planning policy and practice, the corporate policy of the Institute and other issues relevant to the objects of the Institute. It meets three times a year and consists of:-
- Twenty-eight Fellows and Ordinary Members, elected by the Fellows and Ordinary Members;
- Two Legal Members or Legal Associates, elected by the Chartered Members and Legal Associates;
- Two Associates, elected by the Associates;
- Six Licentiate Members or Students, elected by the Licentiate Members and Students.
The following number of Chartered Members representing Nations and Regions:
- One representative from each Region in England
- Two representative from Wales
- One representative each from Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland
Each of whom shall be elected by the Chartered Members in the Nations or Regions which he/she represents;
- Two Chartered Members elected by the Chartered Members in Scotland
- Any Trustee who is not a member of the General Assembly in another capacity.
The General Assembly normally meets three times a year :
2019 dates: 23 January, 12 June, 16 October
2020 dates: 22 January, 10 June, 14 October
Meetings normally start at 10.45 am and finish at 3.30 pm. January and October meetings are held in London: June Meeting is normally held outside London.
Meetings of the General Assembly are chaired by the President.
Please click here to see a list of General Assembly Members:-