Who we are
The RTPI is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The RTPI may change this policy from time to time and we will contact you to let you know of any substantive changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address, postal address and telephone number
- sensitive information including gender, disabilities and ethnicity
- preferences and interests
- financial payment information
What we do with the information that we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Improve our products and services
- To send updates and information we think you may be interested in as part of supporting your professional development including news, research findings, training, events etc
- To send you subscription renewal notices and reminders
- To enable the effective running of events ie bookings, sharing your name and organisation on delegate lists with other delegates and speakers.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you personally. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- To customise the website according to your interests in the future
- Share the data with selected partners including Redactive (publisher of The Planner).
- If you sign up to the Independent Consultants network, your contact details (among other information) can be seen by other members of the same network.
- If you are a member of any of the governance bodies your data will be shared with the other members of that body to enable its effective function.
- To enable you to take part in the democracy of the RTPI including elections for Board, GA and the Vice President, committees at a national and local level.
- To inform you of statutory events such as the AGM
- To meet our charitable reporting duties
- To continue to contact you with renewals offers for up to one year if your membership lapses, unless you actively contact us to cancel your membership.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
If you pay your fees by credit or debit card, we will not retain your card details after processing your payment. You will need to resubmit this information for future transactions.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use the website. This measurement service enables us to monitor and improve how the RTPI website is used. These cookies collect your data anonymously.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your choices and obligations
We keep most of your personal data for as long as your membership is open or you are in contact with us.
We keep some of your data even after you end your relationship with us.
You can access or delete your personal data. You have many choices about how your data is collected, used and shared.
Rights to access and control your personal data
You can access or delete your personal data. You have many choices about how your data is collected, used and shared which we manage through our consent centre and speaking with us.
If you would like more information, or have any questions about this policy, please contact: Data Protection, RTPI, 41 Botolph Lane, London EC3R 8DL or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To make a formal complaint about the RTPI's approach to data protection or raise privacy concerns directly with our Data Protection team, please write to: Data Protection, RTPI, 41 Botolph Lane, London EC3R 8DL or email email@example.com
You also have the right to make a complaint direct to the UK's data protection authority, the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO can be contacted at: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
Concerns can be also be logged via the ICO website.
Other important information
We monitor for, and try to prevent, security breaches.
Cross-Border Data Transfers - We process data both inside and outside of the United Kingdom. Where we transfer data we do so either within the EEA or through written contract terms.