Have your say to help shape the future of the RTPI.
That’s the message to members from Chief Executive Victoria Hills as voting opens today in this year’s RTPI Elections.
Following a successful nominations process, a range of positions are up for election on the RTPI’s Board of Trustees and General Assembly, as well as the North East Regional Management Board and the Scottish Executive Committee.
Included in the list of positions is the national Vice-President for 2022 who will become the RTPI’s President in 2023.
The full list of position on which members can vote:
- Vice President for 2022: elected by Chartered members (MRTPI and FRTPI)
- Chartered members on Board of Trustees: elected by members of the General Assembly
- Chartered members on General Assembly: elected by Chartered members (MRTPI and FRTPI)
- North East Region - Regional Representative on General Assembly: elected by Chartered members based in the North East region (MRTPI, FRTPI, Retired)
- Scotland – Junior Vice Convenor: elected by Chartered members based in Scotland (MRTPI, FRTPI, Retired)
Members should check their inboxes for an email from the RTPI’s elections provider Mi-Voice – the email contains a personalised link allowing members to view the candidate’s statements and to cast their votes.
RTPI Chief Executive Victoria Hills MRTPI said:
“Members should vote for the nominated candidate they think has the vision, competency and passion to play an effective and productive role in our governance.
“It is important that the positions up for election reflect the RTPI community, therefore we need a good balance of gender, age, skills, ethnicity and geographic diversity around the table. Different experiences and views are key for effective decision making.
“I would urge all voting members to use this opportunity to ensure democracy and elect the right team to shape the future of the RTPI.”
Voting opens today and closes on 20 September at 5pm.
>> For more information, visit the RTPI Elections hub https://www.rtpi.org.uk/elections