Ethical behaviour is an important part of being a planner. It is one of the professional attributes that practitioners who want to become members of the RTPI must have.
We use our assessment of professional competence to determine your skill in understanding ethical challenges when you join the institute.
We have produced the following advice to help guide you in your professional responsibilities:
- Practice advice on ethics and professional standards
- Practice advice on starting your own private practice
- Introduction to professional ethics online module
- Practice advice on Continuing Professional Development
- Supplementary guidance on the use of designations and post-nominals
- GPN2: Consultancy by Current and Former Public Sector Employees (2006)
- GPN3: Personal Safety at Work (2006)
- RTPI Professional Indemnity Insurance Regulations (2000)
- Dealing with Racist Representations (1996)
Email: [email protected]