Chartered Town Planners represent the gold standard of planning practice. They are recognised by employers, clients and members of the public for their skills, expertise and professional practice.
Throughout their career, Chartered Members make sure they remain at the forefront of new developments, legislative changes and the latest planning knowledge by maintaining continuous professional development (CPD). They must adhere to our Code of Conduct that specifies standards of professional ethics.
Chartered Members use the designation MRTPI.
Membership from £25.75 a month*
- Gain the advantage in a competitive job market.
- Use the post-nominals MRTPI and logo to showcase your knowledge and expertise.
- Help shape policy, practice and research.
- Promote planning and the profession.
- Access RTPI member benefits and services including specific benefits for academics.
Iram Mohammed, Major Assets Project Officer, East Dunbartonshire Council
To become a Chartered Town Planner, you must apply via one of the four Assessment of Professional Competence routes. The route you chose depends on your educational background and length of experience. If you are rejoining the RTPI please see our rejoin page.
*Based on a UK/ROI pro rata 2020 subscription rate.