Chartered Fellow is the highest professional membership grade offered by the RTPI. You must have made a major personal contribution to the planning profession for the benefit of the public and be a current Chartered Town Planner to apply.
Chartered Fellows use the designation FRTPI.
- Most exclusive qualification RTPI offers – join the 1% of members who are in this class.
- Achieve ultimate recognition – join past presidents, leading academics and directors across both public and private sectors.
- Use the post-nominals FRTPI and logo to showcase your knowledge and expertise.
- Access RTPI member benefits and services.
Euan Kellie FRTPI
Applications for Fellowship are considered by the RTPI Nominations Sub Committee. Applicants must submit the following documents:
- A completed Fellowship Application Form
- A chronological employment history;
- A 1000-2000 word statement detailing how they have met the criteria;
- Nominations from four Chartered Members of the Institute. Nominations must be provided on the Fellowship Nomination Form, in accordance with instructions on the form. The data protection statement on the front page of the form must be completed.
Applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the submission date.
If you are rejoining the RTPI please see our rejoin page.