Being recognised by your peers as a Fellow of your profession is one of the highest professional attainments. The RTPI's mission is to enhance the art and science of spatial planning for the public benefit and this ideal is reflected in the Institute's approach to Fellowship.
Applicants wishing to be elected to Fellowship must be Chartered Town Planners at the time of application and must satisfy the Trustees of the Institute that they have made a major personal contribution to the profession to further the science and art of planning for the benefit of the public.
When deciding whether an applicant has made a major contribution to the profession consideration will be given to:
- Leadership. The applicant should have shown leadership in their field, developing and delivering a vision, encouraging others and advancing the environment in the sector in which they operate.
- Innovation. The applicant should have demonstrated the ability to deliver new and creative solutions to existing and /or emerging issues and challenges in their area of spatial planning.
- Contribution to others in the profession and the community. The member has been actively engaged in developing and supporting other members of the profession and/or the community
- Whether the member's contribution is above and beyond that expected as an ordinary competent professional planner. Fellowship is not awarded purely on the basis of professional seniority or position or length of time in the profession.
Applications for Fellowship are considered by the RTPI Nominations Sub Committee. Applicants must submit the following documents:
1. A completed Fellowship Application Form;
2. A chronological employment history;
3. A 1000-2000 word statement detailing how they have met the criteria;
4. Nominations from four Chartered Members of the Institute. Nominations must be provided on the Fellowship Nomination Form, in accordance with instructions on the form. The data protection statement on the front page of the form must be completed.
There is a £250 administrative fee for all applications for Fellowship. Fees can be paid online or via cheque.
Further information is available from the Membership Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 949 9462.
Applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com for one of the deadlines below.
|29 January 2020
||11 March 2020
|22 April 2020
||3 June 2020
|5 August 2020
||16 September 2020
|7 October 2020
||18 November 2020