Join us for a discussion on NPF4 Policy 11 – Energy: Solutions and Impacts. John Petrie Managing Director at Petrie Buchanan will discuss solutions in delivering renewable, low energy and zero emission technologies and will also highlight the impacts that these technologies have on existing infrastructure.
This is followed by a Q & A session with Sandy Telfer, Planning Manager at Gillespie MacAndrew, and Bob Salter, Director at Geddes Consulting, joining the panel with John.
Hosted by Gillespie MacAndrew with refreshments provided.
Core CPD Framework
Infrastructure Planning & Economic Development
- Hear an overview of the operation of the energy market, how it operates and its intersection with planning.
- Understand how planning can affect long-term outcomes of the energy network capacity being built,
- Learn about the energy network considerations that should be adopted when planning a housing or commercial project
- Understand how the interpretation of policy is affecting energy strategy and how we could have a policy collision.
- Learn about energy network constraints and the impact this will have on planning as we transition from fossil fuels
- Hear about other solutions that can be adopted to help the energy network in the longer term.
Planning Law & Process
- Learn about NPF 4 Energy Policies
- Hear about other government papers that have an influence on energy strategy and planning
- Understand how the rate of policy convergence will impact on energy transition and development.