In Spring 2021, the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities announced that the National Model Design Code – meaning areas which are beautiful, well-designed and locally-led – was to be tested in 14 areas across England. This pilot programme provided local authorities with guidance to shape new developments in a way which reflect what their own communities want. In this insightful webinar, we will explore and evaluate the findings from a geographic spread of areas looking at objectives, key drivers, community engagement, feedback and what lessons can be learned for those looking to progress Design Codes for their sites and areas.
The agenda is as follows:
- Welcome - Stephen Hill, Hyas
- DLUHC Design Code Testing Programme Overview: lessons learnt from the design code phase 1 pilots - Scott Adams / David Waterhouse, DLUHC
- Case study - Bootle Model Design Code - Jim Fox, Hyas
- Case study - Nuneaton and Bedworth Model Design Code - Ashley Baldwin, Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council, Kieren Butler / Roumpini Perakaki, PRP
- Design Quality Assessment and Coding - Dan Roberts, Homes England