Winners of the RTPI East Midlands Awards for Planning Excellence 2021 - Award for Excellence in Plan Making Practice, Nottingham City Council are trail blazing with the Nottingham Design Quality Framework (DQF). The DQF is a series of guides to help you make better design choices for your building project and to meet Nottingham City Council planning requirements more easily. The framework is in line with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and is the first ever local application to integrate the principles of the National Design Guide criteria.
This exciting session will address how the DQF aims to give designers and applicants information and certainty at an early stage of the planning process to help create exemplar places where citizens want to live.
In this webinar guest speaker and author of the DQF, Dr Laura Alvarez Senior Principal Urban Design & Conservation Officer at Nottingham City Council will consider:
- How the flexible design guides speed up the planning process
- How the Guide series makes the planning process more democratic
- How the DQF helps the City‘s Carbon Neutral 2028 ambition by addressing design process barriers to delivering sustainability and resilience.
Through a combination of an expert presentation and discussion, you will learn:
- Why the DQF was developed
- How to effectively use the DQF to build successful applications
Have opportunities to raise questions and discuss the topics of the day.