At this in-person conference and workshop - we will consider the alternative ways of approaching planning and plan-making through closer collaboration with the community and across geographic and administrative boundaries.
The full programme is available here
In particular, we will examine the role of AMPlify West Yorkshire, a community-based planning manifesto which has been developed through conversations with citizens and interested participants across the region.
It provides an alternative approach to securing a planning framework through an open democratic process.
We will be reflecting on this alternative framework and how this planning process could potentially be applied across other regions and local administrations in England.
Speakers and topics include;
- Planning and community led housing - Neil McKenna – Senior Planner at Tibbalds Planning and Urban Design and Claude Hendrickson, Leeds Self-Build Strategy Consultant, accredited Community-led Housing adviser and Community Land Trust ambassador.
- Reflections on Strategic Planning and the Statutory Planning Process - Richard Wood, Director, Richard Wood Associates
- Health inequalities and the Climate Emergency as a starting
point for planning
Irena Bauman, Bauman Lyons Architects and Ruth Gelletlie, former public health Doctor
- An illustration of alternative approaches to the current formal plan making process;
- An appreciation of sub-regional spatial planning;
- Relationship to neighbourhood planning approaches;
- Knowledge of the engagement with the political process;
- A clear understanding of community priorities;
INFORMATION FOR ALL ATTENDEES:
As part of the registration process, registrants must agree to our terms and conditions, which include adhering to our outlined Covid-19 safety protocols in place at the time and following any guidance requested by the venue.
The health and safety of RTPI members, staff and all participants is very important. This event organised by RTPI Yorkshire will therefore only take place if local government advice in relation to the pandemic allows for group gatherings at the time of the event. If we have to cancel or reschedule the event, you will be notified in advance.