The South East has a cherished and diverse range of habitats and species, from internationally designated forests and wetland to back-gardens and pocket parks. The development process has a critical role in biodiversity planning from surveying, mitigation and enhancement.
Our speakers will consider:
- How policy and development management can help protect wildlife and deliver biodiversity net gains, including interim policies ahead of the Environment Bill
- Recent projects demonstrating best practice in the region, together with their thoughts on the benefits of strategic planning.
- Case law
Through a combination of expert speakers and discussion, you will learn:
- Best practice examples in the south east
- Understanding of how best to interpret ecological and biodiversity related strategic and development management planning policies
- Update on relevant Case law
- The objectives of Biodiversity Net Gain and interim policies
The link to the webinar will be sent out a day before the event.
This event forms part of RTPI Online series 2021