This webinar forms part of our RTPI Online series and is brought to you by RTPI West Midlands.
This seminar takes an interdisciplinary perspective on responding to climate change challenges. It is the third and final seminar in the series and focuses on the street level and the design of buildings. The content is suitable for public and private sector professionals and especially planners involved in housing developments, policy development, development control, landscape scale planning and Green Infrastructure retrofitting.
Chair: Claudia Carter, Birmingham City University
- Urban trees to help address climate change and air pollution - Emma Ferranti, University of Birmingham
- Adapting buildings to a changing climate, providing healthy indoor environments - Monica Mateo Garcia, Birmingham City University
- Q&A session - all speakers
- Enhance your understanding of how green infrastructure can ameliorate negative climate change impacts and reduce climate change risks
- Recognise the need for integrated and environmentally aware policies and actions and how existing national policies and guidance facilitate (or hinder) this
- Gain valuable insights on champions of climate change adaptation and mitigation policies and actions at the regional and local scale
The RTPI West Midlands 2020 CPD Programme is kindly sponsored by No5 Chambers
We are calling on governments across the UK and Ireland to capitalise on the expertise of planners to achieve a sustainable, resilient and inclusive recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our Plan The World We Need campaign aims to raise awareness of the vital role planners have in every aspect of the recovery in order to revive the economy, tackle inequality and meet net-zero targets by 2050.
Please support our vision and share the campaign #PlanTheWorldWeNeed