This webinar forms part of our RTPI Online series and is brought to you by the East of England and North West Regions.
Lockdown changed our roads beyond recognition, with carriageways emptied of cars and walking and cycling rates increasing hugely.
The government announced the Emergency Active Travel Fund in May to enable councils to build emergency measures to create space for social distancing, followed by the Gear Change strategy document and the LTN 1/20 active travel infrastructure design guidance. These, together with the consultations currently out to address Pavement Parking and to prioritise vulnerable road users in the Highway Code, could see long-lasting changes to our roads and accelerate existing strategies.
Presented by RTPI North West and East of England, this webinar features speakers invited from two non-London city-regions whose active travel focused infrastructure solutions have attracted attention this year – for both permanent and temporary measures.
- Chair: Ian Pennington – Wardell Armstrong LLP and RTPI North West RAC
- Graham Bloomfield - William H Brown and RTPI East of England RAC
- Vanessa Kelly - Cambridgeshire County Council / Greater Cambridge Partnership
- Patrick Joyce - Cambridgeshire County Council / Greater Cambridge Partnership
- Dominic Smith - Transport for Greater Manchester
Please book your place and you will be sent a link for the Go To webinar the day before the event.