Young Planner of the Year
The Young Planner of the Year award seeks out the brightest RTPI members in the early stages of their careers. Potential candidates can work in any area of the industry. We are looking for outstanding Young Planners who can demonstrate a contribution to planning or significant career achievements in recent years.
Entrants must be in the first 10 years of post-qualification experience and be a current member of the RTPI. A candidate can nominate themselves or they can also be nominated by an employer, colleague, or peer.
Entrants will be asked to demonstrate:
- Understanding of planning policy and the planning system they are working within
- The range, quality and variety of recent planning experience and achievements
- Their enthusiasm and originality of approach
- Their personal and team working skills
- Their commitment to continuing professional development and involvement with professional institutes, networks, events, outreach work or relevant voluntary activity, with particular reference to the RTPI
- The extent to which they serve as a role model for other young professionals
If you have any questions, please view our FAQs.