The RTPI Trust Bursary is available for undergraduates at RTPI accredited planning schools who meet the eligibility criteria. We recognise the value of widening access to the planning profession and want to continue celebrating and supporting students from a variety of backgrounds, particularly disabled students as well as those of African and Asian heritage.
The aim of this bursary is to:
- Promote and support diversity within and to widen access to the planning profession
- Highlight undergraduate student excellence in Planning Schools across the UK and Ireland.
A single, one-off payment of £2000 will be awarded to four successful undergraduates who meet the eligibility criteria.
To be eligible for the bursary applicants must:
- Be enrolled on an accredited undergraduate course at an RTPI accredited Planning School in the UK* or Ireland
- Be from an underrepresented group or background or have enrolled at the University via the University’s Widening Participation programme
- Be eligible to work in the UK or Ireland after graduation
- Commit to become a student member of the RTPI, if not a member already.
*The RTPI Trust Bursary is open to undergraduates from all RTPI accredited courses in the UK and Ireland who meet the eligibility criteria EXCEPT London Planning Schools for which the Michael Welbank Scholarship is intended
Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria detailed in the webform as well as clearly articulating in no more than 500 words why they should be considered for the bursary.
We are no longer accepting applications for the RTPI Trust Bursary 2023