RTPI Scotland works directly with the Scottish Government and the Scottish Parliament who legislate for the separate planning system in Scotland. Our work focuses on:
- shaping and informing policy and practice
- providing opportunities for Members to access CPD
- sharing good practice
- promoting planning
The work of RTPI Scotland is managed through the Scottish Executive Committee (SEC) and implemented by the Director and staff team based at the Edinburgh office.
The SEC's remit includes:
- developing the Institute's position on planning policy in Scotland
- supporting members in their professional activities
- working with the seven regional Chapters and the Scottish Young Planners' Network
- coordinating the Institute's programme of national events in Scotland
The SEC is represented on the RTPI's General Assembly, committees and panels.
Roles and Term of Office
The term for roles is normally one or two years. See the role descriptions here.
Timeline for Nominations and Elections
Elections for roles are held annually. Positions with a two year term are elected every other year.
- Nominations open: Monday 4 September
- Nominations close: Thursday 29 September
- Election voting opens: Wednesday 4 October
- Election voting closes: Friday 27 October
- Results announced: Week commencing Monday 6 November