This webinar forms part of our RTPI Online series and is brought to you by Highlands and Islands Chapter.
The A-listed Inverness Castle is being transformed from two court-houses into the main tourist-hub/visitor-centre/venue for the Highlands. C20 interventions are being stripped-out to expose the original layout and fabric, then the building will be sensitively re-invented for C21 flexible uses. A contemporary link building will join the two main towers and a new (all-abilities access) roof-terrace installed. Extensive re-landscaping will transform the public realm and setting to Inverness’ prime landmark building.
Core CPD Framework
By attending this event you can:
- Learn how a new building is to be incorporated into a historic one and find out about rectifying internal fabric mistakes of the past
- Find out more about urban design and heritage conservation
- Find out about how public realm and landscaping improvements are being made in a prominent city centre location
Infrastructure Planning and Economic Development
- Hear how a key location of this development in Inverness is being reinvigorated to provide enhanced economic value
- Find out how the works being funded and about the business case supporting it
Health and Inclusive Planning
By attending this event you will:
- Learn how green spaces, access and inclusive design have been incorporated into the reinvigoration of the castle and grounds