As pressure for housing continues to build nationally, the provision of well located, affordable homes to meet demand remains a key issue. This event will consider the role of planning in seeking to meet the housing challenges in the green belt areas.
Speakers will discuss the
- demand and supply, barriers to delivery, and potential solutions in the green belt
- the environmental impact on the green belt
- access to the countryside and impact of travel
Through a combination of expert speakers and discussion, you will:
- housing challenges in the green belt areas
- update on relevant Case law
- understand the environmental impact on the green belt
- Chair: Laura Archer, Portsmouth City Council
- Andrew Whitaker MRTPI, Home Builders Federation
- Sarah Young MRTPI, Land Use Consultants
- Charles Goode, University of Birmingham
- Zack Simons, Landmark Chambers
The link to the webinar will be sent out a day before the event.
This event forms part of RTPI Online series 2021