Planning for housing in Northern Ireland in the new plan-led system is of paramount importance. The planning and delivery of affordable housing to meet need is a priority issues for the Housing Executive and Councils. We also need quality housing as an essential part of a functioning society, enabling sufficient housing which is built to a good standard in the right place, is well connected and where vibrant communities can be sustained and developed and services provided effectively is an important function of the planning system. 60 delegates attended this event in Lisburn to consider the issues for planning for housing and also consider different needs and models of delivery.
Speaker presentations are available below (where consent has been sought):
- Making and Managing Great Places: the role of Housing-led Regeneration - Professor Peter Roberts, Chair, NI Housing Executive
- Co-Ownership Models - Mark Graham, Chief Executive, Co-ownership in Northern Ireland
- A Revised Definition of Affordable Housing in NI - Donna Knowles, Housing Supply, Department for Communities
- Housing Need - Stephen Semple, NI Housing Executive
- The Placemaking Agenda - Michael Gordon, Turley
- Delivery of social and specialist need housing by the Housing Association Sector, - Carol McTaggart, Group Director, Clanmil Housing