North East Regional Awards
RTPI Regional Awards for Planning Excellence 2019
The RTPI North East Awards for Planning Excellence celebrate outstanding projects that demonstrate the power of planning in our region. Entries reflect the diversity of planning achievement, whether in urban or rural areas, large or small in scale, involving new development, regeneration or conservation.
We are delighted to announce our finalists for 2019
- Land of Oak and Iron Heritage Centre - Enterered by Gateshead
- Life Kitchen at the Lodge, Sunderland - Entered by Lichfields
- Mitford Autism Unit - Enterest by Medical Archtecture
- Newcastle Eagles Arean - Entered by klr Planning Limited
- Stephenson Quarter - UTC - Enterered by Lichfields
- West Mural Tower, Entered by Durham County Council
Learn more about the projects here or to book your place at the Awards Dinner then please click here.
Sorry Awards are now closed for 2019.
- Free to enter
- Entries open Monday 29 April 2019
- Download Entry form
- Closing date - Friday 28 June 2019
- Winners announced at Annual Dinner on Friday 4 October
- Helpful How to Win guide
- Overall winner automatically entered to national Awards in London for 2020
This year's Chairs award is:
- Showcasing high quality approaches to the delivery of homes that support the health needs of our communities. With an aging population and increasingly closer ties between healthcare and housing providers, a diverse range of housing and accommodation types are being delivered across the region to meet these often complex needs. We are looking for successful examples of high quality or novel approaches to delivering health or supported living schemes, where planning has played a central role in the delivery of the project.
Entries are open to both members and non-members and can be for a plan, strategy, initiative or project.
Entries should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read all about our past award winners here.