You can keep abreast of RTPI Ireland activity through our regular e-bulletin or through following us on Twitter at @RTPIIreland
Thursday 14 November - The RTPI Ireland Annual Dinner
The RTPI Ireland Annual dinner will be hosted by RTPI Ireland Chair Aidan Culhane and Guests of Honour are Damien English TD, Minister of State for Housing and Urban Development and Ian Tant, President of the RTPI. The diner takes place in the Hibernian Club, 9 St Stephen's Green, Dublin. More details here.
RTPI Ireland Executive Committee 2020 Nominations
The following positions on the RTPI Ireland Executive Committee are now open for nominations:
- Chair of RTPI Ireland (1 position) The Chair's role is to provide a figurehead for RTPI Ireland, chair Executive Committee meetings and represent the RTPI at meetings and events. You will also host the RTPI President on their visit to Ireland. (Corporate members may stand for this position).
- Vice Chair of RTPI Ireland (1 position) The Vice Chair is the route to Chair of RTPI Scotland. You will serve one year as Vice Chair before becoming Chair for 2021, followed by a year as Immediate Past Convenor. (Corporate members may stand for this position).
- Representative to the RTPI General Assembly (1 position) This role involves attending meetings of the RTPI General Assembly on behalf of the RTPI Ireland, representing the Executive Committee and reporting back on proceedings. There are 3 General Assembly meetings a year held in the UK. This position will be for 2020 and 2021. The representative to the General Assembly sits on the RTPI Ireland Executive Committee (Any member may stand for his positon)
- Corporate members (5 positions) 2 positions will be for 2020 to fill immediate vacancies and 3 positions will be for 2020 and 2021. Lots will be drawn to decide the terms of office of nominees.
- Student or Licentiate Member (2 positions) Student or Licentiate members serve for one year. (Student or Licentiate members may stand for these positions)
- Associate Member (1 position) There is one Associate member position available. Associate members serve one year. (Associate members may stand for this position)
What is involved?
All committee members are expected to actively contribute at meetings and to the various initiatives within and outside meetings. There will be 4 executive committee meetings (and an Annual Member Reception) scheduled for 2020 and committee members are expected to attend at least 3 out of the 4 meetings. You can read the Committee's Scheme of Delegation here.
What do I need to do?
If you are interested in standing, Please fill in the nomination form. Nominations must be received by 5pm on 31 October and will NOT be accepted after this date. The nomination needs to be supported by two RTPI Ireland members (the category of member needed to support a nomination is given above in brackets).
If required a ballot of members will begin on 5 November with voting papers circulated by email. Voting will close on 19 November.
Read planning news from across Ireland in The Planner
The RTPI's journal The Planner publishes regular news items and updates on plannng in Ireland... read more
RTPI President praises regeneration work during visit to Limerick
Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) President Ian Tant has recognised a 'real determination' to succeed in the Irish city of Limerick, despite the local council facing some serious challenges. Read more
Nations and Regions Focus: Ireland
The Planner's snapshot of planning in Ireland, looking at key planning themes, major projects, skills requirements and RTPI activities in the country... read more
RTPI Ireland Chair Aidan Culhane blogs in The Planner magazine
Ireland has created an independent Office of the Planning Regulator, and it could be the catalyst in a transformation of the way members of the public and politicians understand planning , says Aidan Culhane... read more