RTPI Cymru Policy & Research Forum
Sub-Forum of the RTPI Cymru Executive Committee, the Policy and Research Forum advises on RTPI Cymru policy, practice and research activities and comprises representatives from across Wales with experience in a variety of planning topics.
The Forum meets quarterly and undertakes much of its activities through e-mail exchange.
RTPI Cymru is currently inviting applications to be a member of the RTPI Cymru Policy and Research Forum for 2020-2022 - this is your opportunity to be involved.
The 2017-2019 Forum members are:
- Allan Archer - Independent Planning Advisor
- Martin Buckle - Planning, Transport & Regeneration Consultant; Project/ProgrammeManagement Practitioner
- Mike Cuddy - Penarth Town Council
- Eleri Davies - Innogy Renewables UK Limited
- Mark Farrar - The Urbanists
- Jane Jones - Snowdonia National Park Authority
- Lyn Owen - Retired RTPI Member
- John Pearson – National Trust
- Simon Power - Mott MacDonald/Cardiff University
- Matt Price - Cardiff Council
- Ian Stevens - Telford and Wrekin Council
- Clare Taylor
- Brian Webb - Cardiff University
- Tom Watson – Arup
RTPI Policy & Research Forum Background
The RTPI Cymru Policy and Research Forum was established in 2007, to reflect the devolution of town and country planning and the need for the RTPI to respond directly on Wales' policy and practice activities. The work of the Forum is supported by RTPI Cymru's Policy Officer and Director.
RTPI Cymru's Policy and Research Forum plays a key role in the work of RTPI Cymru, including:
- proactively initiating debate and identifying and inputting into relevant research;
- supporting RTPI Cymru positions, for example promoting the case for more resources for planning;
- linking into wider Institute policy and practice research and development;
- developing, supplementing and complementing the Institute's know how; and
- developing and promoting policies and guidance to members on topics including housing, placemaking, transport, community engagement, urban design and economic development and regeneration etc.
The Policy and Research Forum's activities include:
- leading on the development of planning and related policy, including advising on responses to consultations;
- contributing to establishing RTPI Cymru positions;
- promoting the use of research, evidence and the good practice of planning across Wales.
The Forum is formed for a three year period. A review is carried out at the end of each period. Past Forum reviews are listed below:
- A review of the second Forum which ran between 2011 and 2013, gives details of the extensive work which they undertook.
- The 2014-2016 Review sets out the fantastic acheivements of the Forum. Read the Forum review for 2014-2016.