PAE offers bespoke training and advice on both general and specific aspects of the planning system. We work with community organisations, residents' groups and local charities as well as local authorities, parishes and other community forums.
Subject to capacity, our training includes:
- Half-day workshop on an overview of the planning system. Additional time can be set aside for workshop surgery and Q&A on key locally specific issues.
- Half-day workshop on local and neighbourhood planning with particular reference to engagement techniques and where to influence the planning process.
- Community engagement workshops
- Capacity building for community groups or councillors
- Neighbourhood planning workshops focusing on topics such as writing policy, evidence base, community engagement
Our bespoke training is available free of charge to those groups and organisations who meet our Eligibility Criteria, which focuses upon communities in areas of multiple deprivation and groups not traditionally engaged with the planning system.
If you think you are eligible for free bespoke support please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not eligible for further support, but would like further information about our paid for services, please call 020 7929 8338.
RTPI Training also offers a one-day training course – 'Introduction to the Planning System' for elected members, parish, community and town councillors, non-planning professionals working in place-making, technicians, administrators and support staff.
You may find it helpful to use the RTPI Directory of Planning Consultants to find a professional planner in your area.