You may be eligible to claim a reduced subscription for 2020 if you are not retired and have:
- an income less than £26,500 for the 12 months ended 31 December 2019, or
- started or expect to start parental leave in 2019 or 2020, or are receiving UK means tested benefits
How to claim
Complete the 2020 Reduced Subscription Claim Form and email it to us as a scan or photo, if you wish.
If you pay by Direct Debit then please return the form to the Subscriptions Team before 2 December 2019 to ensure the first subscription instalment amount is correct.
You can get parental leave concession for your 2020 subscription if you are the child's parent and want to take leave as primary carer for that child for at least three months. You can claim if your child is born or adopted in 2019 or 2020 but you cannot claim twice for the same pregnancy or adoption.
2020 reduced subscription claim forms will not be processed after 31 December 2020.
Means tested benefits
If you are in receipt of UK means tested benefits as at 1 January 2020 or on joining RTPI in 2020, then you may be eligible for a reduced subscription for £63 for 2020. Such benefits include Income Support, Jobseeker's Allowance, Employment Support, Pension Credit, Universal Credit and Housing Benefit.
Contact us in confidence if your income has suddenly reduced. This scheme is not for members who:
- are retired
- are on parental leave
- are receiving UK means tested benefits
- have, or are caring for a relative or friend, with a long-term illness
- have voluntarily given up their main source of income, except for voluntary redundancy
If you are eligible, we will send you the 2020 subscription concession claim form to complete and return to us. You will also have to pay a £63 reduced subscription for 2020.