Planning Theory & Practice is an internationally regarded research journal, providing a focus for the development of theory and practice in spatial planning and encouraging the development of a spatial dimension in other areas of public policy. View the current issue.
It also contains the popular and unique 'Interface' section, stimulating critical and challenging debate and promoting dialogue between the academic and practitioner communities. Find out what it can offer by downloading a sample issue.
You can also find out more about the scope of the journal by clicking here.
Reasons to become a reader
- Improve your practice through critical reflection and review
- Gain international perspectives from top theorists and practitioners
- Impartial and robust peer reviewed research
- Can count towards your continuing professional development
- You will benefit from a massive discount to RTPI members - only £40 a year, saving you over £240 a year!
Subscription cycle and payment
The subscription year for the journal is from January to December. Five issues are published each year. Members who subscribe to the journal part-way through the year will be sent any catch-up issues as applicable. The journal is published in both hardcopy and digital versions.
The subscription can be paid by: