What was the Membership Guidance Review?
In 2018 - 2019 a member-led working group and the Membership Assessment Advisory Panel (MAAP) undertook a review of the candidate guidance used to apply for professional membership of the RTPI. The aim of the review was to consider comments which have been raised by candidates and assessors on the existing guidance and associated assessment process.
Revised guidance published June 2019
Revised guidance was published in June 2019 and is applicable to all new candidates from January 2020; it replaces the following guidance documents:
- Licentiate Assessment of Professional Competence (L-APC) Guidance March 2015
- Associate Assessment of Professional Competence (A-APC) Guidance June 2016
- Experienced Practitioner Assessment of Professional Competence (EP-APC) Guidance June 2016
- Associate Membership Guidance June 2016
- Legal Associate Membership Guidance January 2017
What does it mean for candidates?
If a candidate submitted their original application prior to January 2020, any resubmission they submit will be assessed against the guidance they used to prepare their original submission.
Assessors will be provided with advice to assist assessments during the transition period.
Find out more
Contact the Senior Membership Development Officer, Hilary Lush, on +44(0)20 7929 9465 or at firstname.lastname@example.org