What is The Planning Education and Research Network (PERN)?
PERN aims to support greater communication between educators, researchers and practitioners in the planning community. Its purpose is to:
- highlight current and proposed research in planning education and practice
- promote the exchange of information
- support new planning researchers and publications
- disseminate upcoming events in planning and research
- develop international communication in research and educational activity
- explore new methods of planning education and knowledge development
- encourage the examination of planning theory against practice
- provide a sounding board for futures thinking and innovation
Members of PERN receive quarterly updates through an e-mailed Bulletin.
Membership to the Planning Education and Research Network is free. To become a member, please fill out the PERN membership form.
PERN's quarterly e-Bulletin inform members on the latest RTPI planning news, upcoming calls for proposals, recent publications, important external news items and upcoming events in the field of planning. Members of the Network are encouraged to use the bulletin and web pages to share material, promote events and new projects and develop debates.
|This special PERN bulletin introduces the RTPI's 2019 Research Awards, the 2019 UK-Ireland Planning Research Conference to be held in Liverpool, and the 13th Biennial of Towns and Planners, hosted by the University of Plymouth.
||This edition includes updates on the latest RTPI research publications and projects, the most recent open access articles from our academic journal, Planning Theory and Practice, and links to recent posts on the RTPI blog - including a new series debating the subject of leadership in planning.
|Read the bulletin
||Read the bulletin
See all the previous issues