What is The Planning Education and Research Network (PERN)?
PERN aims to support greater communication between educators, researchers and practitioners in the planning community. Its purpose is to:
- highlight current and proposed research in planning education and practice
- promote the exchange of information
- support new planning researchers and publications
- disseminate upcoming events in planning and research
- develop international communication in research and educational activity
- explore new methods of planning education and knowledge development
- encourage the examination of planning theory against practice
- provide a sounding board for futures thinking and innovation
Members of PERN receive quarterly updates through an e-mailed Bulletin. The e-Bulletins inform members on the latest RTPI planning news, upcoming calls for proposals, recent publications, important external news items and upcoming events in the field of planning. Members of the Network are encouraged to use the bulletin and web pages to share material, promote events and new projects and develop debates.
Membership to the PERN e-Bulletin is free. To subscribe to the mailing list, please fill out the PERN membership form.
Read the latest PERN e-Bulletin