ESPON-INTERSTRAT was a two-year transnational project part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund. The project aims to promote the use of research findings produced by ESPON 2013 projects in the creation and monitoring of strategic spatial development plans.
The objectives of the project are:
- to develop the UK ESPON Contact Point's capacity to engage with stakeholders;
- to develop an understanding of what UK policy-makers want from ESPON;
- to use interactive approaches to engage UK policy-makers with ESPON data, analysis and results;
- to transfer ESPON know-how to practitioners;
- to share good practice with other ESPON Contact Points.
Find out more on the ESPON-INTERSTRAT website.
How can ESPON research inform UK strategic planning?
As part of the INTERSTRAT project, leaflets have been produced outlining ESPON research, and how it can be used in practice. Our leaflet highlights a number of ESPON projects, six with UK involvement, and suggests how some of their findings might relate to the UK. View the leaflet.
The UK ESPON Contact Point held its first interactive ESPON-INTERSTRAT workshop on 1 April 2011 in Edinburgh.
The event explored how strategic spatial planning in Scotland can benefit from taking a European perspective and by using ESPON data.
The ESPON INTERSTRAT conference on 'Planning for Growth - what can we learn from Europe?' took place in London on 30 September 2011. Find out more about the event.
ESPON-INTERSTRAT press release
RTPI Chief Executive attends Italian ESPON Conference
ESPON-INTERSTRAT Conference 'Planning for Growth - what can we learn from Europe?'
Photos: Katarzyna Wojnar
Back to Network homepage