Wednesday, 24 February 2021 at 9:30AM
Crowne Plaza Hotel (Northumbrian Suite), Forth Banks, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3SA
The need for infrastructure investment continues to be at the forefront of Government’s and prospective government’s thinking. In this seminar we delve beneath the headlines to examine the nation and region’s infrastructure priorities, we debate if these priorities complement or compete particularly with climate emergencies and decarbonisation rising up the agenda. Crucially for planning, we discuss how we can work in synergy with infrastructure investment.
Delegates can expect to,
- Explore the priorities of Government and the work of the National Infrastructure Commission;
- Hear from Transport for the North or its partner organisations on progress of the implementation of the Strategic Transport Plan and Investment Programme;
- Look at the infrastructure investment plans for vital services including energy, water, digital connectivity and environmental assets;
- Debate with the Transport North East Strategy Unit regional transport and priorities, the status of the region’s transport plan, infrastructure plan and funding opportunities;
- Consider issues around as a profession how can we take practical steps to deliver the recommendations of Better Planning, Better Transport, Better Places and working effectively as a profession across the infrastructure field.
Core CPD framework
- Infrastructure planning and economic development
- Digital planning
- Environmental planning
- Championing planning
Read the latest publications from the RTPI and other Associations;
This seminar could count as appropriate CPD for RTPI members - remember to keep a record of your learning, including your learning outcomes, in your CPD record
View other events on our CPD Programme.
New for 2020 – Early bird tickets will replace our multi-buy tickets, offering a 15% discount, which is available until (17.00 hrs) 28 February 2020. To take advantage of the Early Bird Tickets, you will need to book all events online with payment by credit/debit card.
Those purchasing tickets in excess of £500 plus vat may request an invoice. Please get in touch to request this.
Student rates are available for unwaged students on full time RTPI accredited courses only.
Require assistance: contact: Kim Walker Tel: 07455 787705
There was a problem reserving your event places.
Please contact us using the form below, or refresh the page and try again.
We apologise for any inconvenience.