Monday, 21 September 2020 at 9:00AM
The Mount Belfast, 2 Woodstock Link, Belfast BT6 8DD, UK
Delegate numbers are restricted to enhance learning outcomes
We live in a fast-paced world, where we are bombarded with information. Good communication skills have never been more vital. Do you need to know how to communicate clearly and precisely with compelling, persuasive, and powerful writing?
Attend this interactive masterclass to get valuable insight on how to effectively compose and write your content, adapting it to the situation and the audience, and enhancing your professional reputation.
Through a combination of expert trainer input, discussion and group work, you will:
- Learn how to structure your message to get your points across;
- Understand how to structure your reports so readers can extract information at speed;
- Get tips and tricks on using layout to maximise impact;
- Apply these techniques to everyday communications like emails and report writing.
Core CPD Framework:
- Championing Planning
- Business Development
Our trainer - Ann Skippers
Ann is a chartered town planner with over twenty-five years’ experience in a career that has spanned the public, private and academic sectors, but began in local government in both development management and planning policy teams.
She has a dual qualification in planning and teaching and learning. Arguably best known for her role as Royal Town Planning Institute President in 2010, Ann is a strong advocate for the planning profession and has held a number of voluntary positions. Ann is currently a Trustee for the Theatres Trust and is a Visiting Professor at the Bartlett School of Planning, University College London.
Past delegates said...
- "Ann was really friendly, engaging and informative - her expertise and experience showed!" (Writing skills for planning professionals 09.10.18)
- "I thought there was a good balance between the presentations and activities to allow us to discuss and reinforce the ideas and information being learnt." (Writing skills for planners 06.03.19)
- "I was very impressed with Ann. Her presentation style and delivery was engaging and thought provoking." (Writing skills for planners 06.03.19)
- "Excellent - can't fault Anne in her approach or knowledge. She obviously has a wealth of practical experience that she is able to present coherently and in an engaging way." (Writing skills for planners 26.09.19)
The RTPI supports the adoption of all 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals and this course specifically supports:
For the concessions rate, you need to be a student, unemployed or retired.
*Early bird price for all training events is 15% off if you book by the end of February 2020*
Please note all training events will be open for registration from 09:00 until 09:30.
All bookings are self-service and if you are a member you will need your membership number and password to login.
If you are having difficulties booking please contact us on 020 7929 8400 or email email@example.com.
There was a problem reserving your event places.
Please contact us using the form below, or refresh the page and try again.
We apologise for any inconvenience.