Thursday, 10 September 2020 at 9:00AM
Etc venues, Maple House, 150 Corporation Street, Birmingham, B4 6TB, UK
Delegate numbers are restricted to enhance learning outcomes
Development finance and land value capture are key areas of RTPI policy and research. This masterclass will provide you with an in-depth understanding of viability assessments to enable you to understand and interrogate appraisals.
Through a combination of expert trainer input, discussion and group work, you will:
- Lead on CIL/S106 agreements within the context of the NFFP
- Fully understand the legal framework and the implication for affordable housing
- Be able to maximise the capture of value from development
- Have practical examples of successful viability assessments that lead to sustainable development
Core CPD Framework:
- Infrastructure Planning and Economic Development
Our trainer - Kathleen Dunmore
Kathleen Dunmore is an economist with extensive experience in housing and construction. Kathleen is a founder member of Three Dragons with whom she has worked since 1996. She worked for many years as Social Housing Consultant for the House Builders Federation and before that for Milton Keynes Development Corporation. Kathleen’s specialisms include older persons housing, whole plan viability appraisal and site specific negotiation.
She is a regular speaker at conferences on property development and town planning. Kathleen was a member of the viability working group which developed advice on the best way to test the viability of Local Plans (the Harman Report).
Past delegates said ...
- "Kathleen was a fantastic resource and an engaging trainer who delivered a very complex topic in a comprehensive and articulate way which was easy to understand" Viability assessments: advanced level (11.07.19)
The RTPI supports the adoption of all 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals and this course specifically supports:
For the concessions rate, you need to be a student, unemployed or retired.
*Early bird price for all training events is 15% off if you book by the end of February 2020*
Please note all training events will be open for registration from 09:00 until 09:30.
This course compliments the RTPI Learn modules Beginners Guide to Viability and Viability: understanding development economics.
All bookings are self-service and if you are a member you will need your membership number and password to login.
If you are having difficulties booking please contact us on 020 7929 8400 or email email@example.com.
There was a problem reserving your event places.
Please contact us using the form below, or refresh the page and try again.
We apologise for any inconvenience.