Wednesday, 20 May 2020 at 9:00AM
The Mount Belfast, 2 Woodstock Link, Belfast BT6 8DD, UK
Delegate numbers are restricted to enhance learning outcomes
This masterclass provides an understanding of the planning system for elected members, parish, community and town councillors, non-planning professionals working in place-making, technicians, administrators and support staff. Delegates will gain an invaluable insight into plan making, the role of development management and the way decisions on individual planning applications are made either by the planning committee, by the officers under delegated powers or by appeal.
Through a combination of expert trainer input, discussion and group work, you will:
- Gain a clear understanding on the importance and purpose of the planning system
- Appreciate the wider context and gather insights into the legislative framework and guidance within which you are working
- Know what a planning application is and how a decision is made
Core CPD Framework:
- Championing Planning
Our trainer - Alan Southerby
Alan is a past Chair of the RTPI Cymru Executive Committee. He established his own planning consultancy in 2013, following a long career in local government in England and Wales. A past Chair also of Planning Officers Society for Wales, his last public sector role was as Senior Manager with Powys County Council.
Alan is also an experienced trainer, and has recently trained elected Members on planning matters in Bridgend County Borough, Ceredigion and Anglesey County Councils.
Past delegates said...
- "Informal & inclusive, informative with plently of opportunity to ask questions and even debate" (The planning system explained 16.10.18)
- "The training booklet is really good piece of resource to supplement what's learned in the class!" (The planning system explained 16.10.18)
For the concessions rate, you need to be a student, unemployed or retired.
*Early bird price for all training events is 15% off if you book by the end of February 2020*
Please note all training events will be open for registration from 09:00 until 09:30.
If you are having difficulties booking please contact us on 020 7929 8400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There was a problem reserving your event places.
Please contact us using the form below, or refresh the page and try again.
We apologise for any inconvenience.