Tuesday, 17 September 2019 at 10:00AM
Europa Hotel, Great Victoria Street, Belfast
£120 (plus VAT) RTPI Member Rate £95 (plus VAT)
£50 (plus VAT) RTPI Student, Licentiate, Unwaged, Retired
The Department for Infrastructure's Living Places guide aims to clearly establish the key principles behind good place making - a principal central to the work of planners. It seeks to inform and inspire all those involved in the process of managing (stewardship) and making (design) urban places, with a view to raising standards across Northern Ireland.
Translating Living Places from plans to practice needs built environment professions to work collaboratively to embed the principles and deliver quality placemaking.
This event will consider key aspects of places and encourage discussion between built environment professionals, to enable the application of the Living Places' principles to be understood and embedded in development proposals.
- Keynote speech - Julie Thompson, Deputy Permanent Secretary, DfI
- Planners leading the place making agenda - Ian Tant, RTPI President
- Using Living Places - Andrew Haley, Chair of the Ministerial Advisory Group and Director of Paul Hogarth Company
- Healthy living promoted through planning - Irene Beautyman, Planning Improvement Service, Scotland
- How the natural environment can deliver living places - Promoting and supporting biodiversity - Alister Scott, Northumbria University
- Ethics in Planning and Placemaking - Craig McLaren, RTPI
There will also be a series of breakout seminars focusing on:
- European environmental law update - EIA, SEA and Habitats - FTB
- Delivering active travel routes - Daisy Narayanan, Director of Urbanism, Sustrans
- Integrating Blue and Green Infrastructure - Arup
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity in Planning - Victoria Hills, RTPI
Conference 10.00am-4.00pm (registration is from 9.30am)
Delegate Fees are £120 (plus VAT) however, we have a reduced rate for RTPI Members and RTPI Students, Licentiates, Unwaged and Retired.
Organisations booking 3 places can book a 4th place free (cheapest place free and all 4 places must be booked at the same time)
Closing date for bookings is 6th September - no bookings will be taken after this date.