Tuesday, 01 October 2019 at 10:00AM
Emirates Arena, 1000 London Road, Glasgow G40 3HG
The new Planning Act, the Place Principle, the Place Standard and community planning show that public policy and planning practice in Scotland is aiming to become more place-focused and collaborative. Given this, the conference will take a detailed look at how place-based approaches are being undertaken, how they are impacting on the ground, how they are coordinated and delivered and how stakeholders have been engaged in their development. These will explore issues including economic growth, design, regeneration, health, travel and infrastructure. It will look to take a granular approach to explore in detail how this is being developed in Glasgow, and especially in the East End through presentations and walking tours. The event will also explore place-based, collaborative approaches being taken forward in a range of settings across the UK and Ireland.
- Julia Frost, Convenor, RTPI Scotland
- Kevin Stewart MSP, Minister for Local Government, Housing and Planning
- Prof. Brian Evans, City Urbanist, Glasgow City Council
- Alison Brown, Project Manager, Clyde Gateway Urban Regeneration Company
- Rebecca Miller, City Planning Manager, Plymouth City Council
- Andy Milne, Chief Executive, SURF
- Giulia Vallone, Senior Architect, Cork County Council
- Pamela Clifford, Planning Manager, West Dunbartonshire Council
- Graham Trewhella, Partner, CASS Associates
- Ann Allen, Chair, Architecture + Design Scotland
Walking tour options include:
- Commonwealth Games Athletes' Village and Cuningar Loop
- Bridgeton Cross Civic Hub
- Shawfield and Dalmarnock Integrated Urban Infrastructure Project
- Clyde Gateway East High Value Industrial Development
Full conference programme available here.
10 x student places at £30
There was a problem reserving your event places.
Please contact us using the form below, or refresh the page and try again.
We apologise for any inconvenience.