Thursday, 23 May 2019 at 9:30AM
Crowne Plaza Hotel, Forth Banks, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3SA
The high street has undergone unprecedented recent change, particularly over the last twelve months. With some retailers struggling and other disappearing altogether, local authorities are looking to re-invent their town centres to provide the wider experience the modern consumer demands. This conference will look at the challenges they face, as well as current trends and potential new opportunities – all set in the context of evolving planning policy and recent decisions on major developments.
Programme coming soon, speakers lined up so far;
- Dan Gregg (Lichfields) – An overview of current trends in retail and town centres
- Chris Myers (Durham County Council) – The continued regeneration of town centres in County Durham
- Bob Fletcher (@retail) – A commercial agents’ perspective on the state of the retail and leisure industry
- Mac Eddy (Insight 6) – Customer perceptions and improving the experience in town centres
- Rachel Anderson (North East England Chamber of Commerce) – Planning for the future of a town centre - recent joint project between NECC and Lichfields
Thank you to our sponsor:
This seminar could count as appropriate CPD for RTPI members - remember to keep a record of your learning, including your learning outcomes, in your CPD record
View other events on the 2019/20 Programme
Require assistance contact: Kim Walker Tel: 07455 787705
There was a problem reserving your event places.
Please contact us using the form below, or refresh the page and try again.
We apologise for any inconvenience.